1.15.2010

Ciao!

A few years ago I started a blog that was more like a journal than anything. I posted religously for the first few weeks, but then gave up. So here's hoping this endeavor is more successful!

So a bit about me.  As a child, I spent hours reporting on things that happened around the house. My mom had a (now ancient) Mac, with a program that would read the word I typed.  In this fashion, I learned to read and write, but I must admit, my stories were pretty bad, and although the words sounded right, they were often horribly misspelled.

From an early age it was clear that I loved to write, but it wasn't until high school that I considered journalism. I joined the school paper and loved it! But surprisingly, writing for the paper led me to news design rather than a career in reporting.

My father disaproves of my career choices. He immigrated from Ireland in the early 80's and has some differnt views about the world. He thinks I should be a doctor or a lawyer. I on the other hand hate blood and cannot argue even when I know I'm right.

So I work two jobs -- at the Student Union and at Memorial Hall to pay for what my scholarships don't. It's tough, but definitely worth it. I've met some incredible people and I never get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment